Denlinger’s Publishers, Ltd.
P. O. Box 1030, Edgewater, FL 32132-1030
editor at thebookden dot com
The Acquisitions Department is closed until further notice...
SUBMISSIONS AND RETURNS
Genre: We do not publish poetry, illustrated works, erotica or textbooks.
Length: Maximum: 100,000 words. Optimum: 70,000 to 80,000 words. Minimum 100 pages.
Note: All authors are required to read our contract PRIOR to submission.
Go to: http://www.thebookden.com/agree.html. We WILL NOT negotiate the contract.
Query should contain the following:
- Title of Manuscript
- Sub-title, if applicable
- Target audience, add age range for children's books (chapter books only)
- Estimated number of words
- Brief synopsis (single paragraph)
- Author's non-binding statement that they have read and agree to our contract if the work is accepted.
- Manuscript on disk or via email attachment:
- Disks must be a standard 3.5 inch floppy disk in a PC, NOT Mac or ASCII, word processing format. HTML format is OK, but view it first utilizing latest versions of Internet browsers. View it on several computer monitors to verify correct format.
- Do not ZIP
- Word processing software should be equal to or less than Word Perfect 8, Microsoft Word 2000. Microsoft Works 4.0, Lotus WordPro 96 are acceptable, but less desirable.
- Word processing format on disk must be single spaced - 1" margins without visible headers, footers, or page numbers. (As an editor's note, full justify the document and turn on view format marks i.e. paragraph, spaces, tabs to locate any typewriter induced idiosyncrasies)
- Manuscript must be formatted as a single file, not multiple files, utilizing page breaks between chapters only.
- Spell and grammar check, is a necessity, possibly an outside edit. Over 5% errors
equals reject, no matter how good a book.
- Scene breaks or time lapses must be marked by one or more asterisks.
- If you wish verification that we have received your material via regular mail, ship your materials
with a return receipt requested.
- Inquiries regarding the status of your manuscript may be made by email only. Note: Please be
patient. We handle hundreds of manuscripts and it can easily be six months or longer before
yours is reviewed.
- Returns: If you send any hard copy material or disks and wish to have them returned, you must send adequate postage and packaging for return shipping.
Full Submission - For Contracted manuscripts Only
Via email or regular mail on disk:
- One line description of MS
- One or two sentence description of MS (30 words maximum)
- Author's biography written in 3rd person
- Prepared list of keywords, prioritized. Any possible word someone may instruct a "search
engine" or directory to look for to find your book
- Bookstore Category(ies) for classification or BISAC codes - Select only three that are most relative to your title. View Detailed classifications.
- Convincing "Sales Pitch" for your work - any technique to pique a readers interest. Don't give it all away.
- Sample of work / Excerpt - the best section which allows a reader to get a feel for your writing style - can be a smattering of selected portions, or a chapter or more. NOTE: These should be sent as individual documents, labeled appropriately: i.e. Name of Work sample.doc
Graphics (digital or hard copy):
- Author's photograph, (optional) professional quality
- Cover art (optional)
- Note: Cover art graphics should be a minimum of 1650 X 2550 pixels at 300 dpi. Maintain this aspect ratio. Printed size equates to 5.5 X 8.5 in. and must have a minimum of .25 in. trim edge on top, right and bottom. (This means that .25 of the graphic can be trimmed without compromising any important details.)
- Hard copy graphics should be a maximum of 8.5 X 13 in.
- Photographs, presentations, or illustrations can be used to create cover art
Take into consideration, any landscaped photograph or presentation will require cropping or resizing. Maintaining aspect ratios could distort the final product.
We will earnestly try to enrich and entertain our customers through reading by promoting one of our constitutional rights “freedom of speech.” And, with honesty and integrity, strive to recognize and promote authors by publishing their works.
P.O. Box 1030 Edgewater, FL 32132-1030