Denlinger's Publishers, Ltd.
Emerging Technologies Division
Denlinger's the book publisher for tomorrow's great authors... today!
Type your subject matter, keyword, title, author name, etc. or go to the category of choice.
Body, Mind & Spirit
Family & Relationships
Gay & Lesbian
New Arrivals Coming Soon
Sci-Fi & Fantasy
This AGREEMENT made this _____ day of _______________ 20 _____ by and between FIRST MI LAST NAME of ADDRESS, CITY, STATE ZIP hereinafter known as the Author, and Denlinger's Publishers, Ltd. , a Virginia Corporation, whose mailing address is P.O. Box 1030 Edgewater, FL 32132; hereinafter known as the Publisher.
WHEREAS, the Author has placed in the hands of the Publisher, a manuscript tentatively entitled "TITLE" which does or shall include, if appropriate, all photos and artwork which shall be part of the manuscript, which work the Publisher proposes to publish on the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth.
1. The Author hereby grants and assigns to the Publisher, during the full term of this agreement and all renewals thereof, the sole and exclusive rights;
2. The Author expressly warrants his sole ownership of said work and full power to grant the above rights; that said work has not heretofore been published in any form; that it is not a violation of any other Copyright, nor of any proprietary right; that it is not scandalous, libelous, violative of any right of privacy, nor otherwise, and the Author agrees to hold harmless and defend the Publisher against any costs, damages, liability or expenses in connection with any claim of any violation of another Copyright or of any proprietary right, or of any scandalous or libelous or otherwise unlawful matter in said work, or by reason of a claim for breach of privacy.
3. The Publisher, in consideration of the rights herein granted, agrees to publish said work, in the Author's name, at Publishers expense. The Author agrees to copyright said work in the Author's name and license the copyright to the Publisher for litigation purposes. All details as to format, title, time and manner of production, of price, publication and advertisement, and the number of, and distribution of editorial review and free copies shall be left to the discretion of the Publisher.
4. The Author agrees to prepare and deliver to the Publisher within one year after notification such revisions as the Publisher may request after first publication of this work. In the event that the Author is unable to furnish or delays furnishing such revision within the period of one year after request by the Publisher, the Publisher shall have the right to arrange for such revision and percentage due the Author shall then be 6% rather than the royalty of 10% stipulated in paragraph 3(A) above.
5. In consideration of this Agreement, the Author agrees to give the Publisher the first right of refusal for the Author's next two manuscripts of the same genre and said manuscripts shall be of same or similar quality. The Publisher shall have the option to accept for publication either or both of the manuscripts on the same terms and conditions herein.
6. If, after the expiration of one year from the date of the Agreement, the Publisher has neither completed the publication of said manuscript nor is in the process of publishing said manuscript, this contract shall terminate and all rights to said manuscript, illustrations and art work shall revert to the Author.
7. The Publisher shall maintain one account for all books under contract with the Author and may charge any unearned advances to said account. The Author may, at the author's expense utilize an accountant to review the books of the Publisher.
8. Additional Clauses:___________________________________________________________
9. The Publisher is hereby directed and agrees that in the event of the death of the Author before or after publication of this work, that the Publisher shall pay all earned royalties to the beneficiaries in shares stated:
10. The aforementioned beneficiaries may be changed by the Author at any time, by written notarized notice to the Publisher.
11. Any disputes involving this Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Virginia and further both parties herewith agree to submit any disagreements to binding arbitration under the rules of arbitration in the State of Virginia.
This Agreement constitutes the full understanding of both parties and no oral or other agreements shall be valid. This Agreement may be amended only in writing signed by both parties.
In consideration of the mutuality of this contract, the aforesaid parties agree to all its provisions for themselves, their heirs, assigns or legal representatives, and in testimony thereof, affix their signatures and seals.
Author _____________________________ Date ___________ SS#. _____________________
STATE of ______________________ COUNTY of _________________________
I hereby certify on this day, before me, an officer duly authorized to administer oaths and take acknowledgments, personally appeared _____________________________________ known to me to be the person(s) described in and who executed the forgoing instrument, who acknowledged before me that _____ executed the same, and an oath was not taken.
__ Said person(s) is/are personally known to me.
__ Said person(s) provided the following type of identification: ________________________________________________________________________________
Witness my hand and official seal in the County and State last aforesaid this _____day of ________, A.D. 20___.
Notary Signature:__________________________ Printed Name:__________________________
Denlinger's Publishers, Ltd.